Medical Equipment and Supplies
Provide Surgeons the Tools They Need
A donation of medical equipment and supplies allows surgeons in developing countries to start their practice, add procedures or capacity, or replace existing, outdated equipment at minimal cost. The equipment may help provide more modern treatment to patients, increase capacity and efficiency, or create savings surgeons can use to keep their practice sustainable or reduce fees to patients.
If you are replacing medical equipment and will receive a discount from the manufacturer on new purchases for donating old equipment to a nonprofit, we appreciate you keeping us in mind. Advantages to the donor can include (depending upon your tax and/or corporate status):
- Eligibility for discounts on new equipment
- Tax deduction
- Property tax and maintenance savings
- Avoidance of depreciation recapture
- Reduction of landfill waste
- Good public relations
As with any charitable contribution, donors should check with their tax advisors regarding the benefits of donation and the procedures and documentation required.
If you would like to make a donation of supplies or equipment, please:
- Click here [LINK TO PDF] to view a general list of needed supplies and equipment.
- Click here [LINK TO PDF] for the Solventas Donor Form to provide your contact information and view our donor terms and conditions.
- Click here [LINK TO PDF] for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about donating supplies and equipment.
You may also let us know by providing your contact information at our Contact Us page, and we will be follow up by e-mail or phone. [LINK OUT TO “Contact Us”]
We will then coordinate convenient pick-up of your items, or will direct you to the nearest donation drop-off site. At this time, we cannot accept pharmaceuticals.
[THE EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES DONATIONS WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED BY PAPER FORMS AT FIRST (EITHER BY PRINTING THEM FROM THE LINKS ABOVE OR VIA EMAIL AFTER “CONTACTING US”) BUT I WILL PROVIDE OPERATIONAL PROCESS DIAGRAMS FOR FURTHER BUILDOUT.]